ARTE The Makers Market – Product Guide lines
ARTE events are for handmade items ONLY, and we are proud to be able to
say ‘We Make What We Sell’ at ARTE.
Handmade items must be created by the vendor, who is selling at
the ARTE market. Below are general policies regarding handmade
items, as well as special considerations for certain types of listings,
or activities in the handmade categories.
1. ARTE markets are only open to UAE based designers, artist
and craters who design and produce their own products here
in the UAE. The maker must be in complete control of the
whole production process. The product has to be handmade in
the UAE by the artisan, the maker, the crafter, the artist, the
2. At ARTE, the Makers’ Market the term ‘handmade’ can
additionally be interpreted as ‘hand-assembled’ or ‘hand-
3. Restoring an old piece of furniture is permitted at the ARTE
markets, and unstitched clothing, stitched up is not.
4. To be considered handmade, the seller must also substantially
alter the design of an item produced from a ‘ready to
5. Up cycled, reconstructed or significantly altered vintage items
may be considered handmade.
6. Selling commercial products, mass made products, handmade
or not is not permitted at ARTE, and this decision is at the
discretion of the ARTE team.
7. You may not showcase handmade items that you did not
create. This is considered reselling and it is not permitted.
8. Creatively re-packaging commercial items does not qualify
them to be sold as handmade (for example a gift basket
consisting of non handmade items, however a diaper cake
basket is permitted at ARTE).
9. In general, services are not allowed to be sold at ARTE. There
are a few exceptions noted below that are allowed as they
produce a new tangible physical item:
a. An instructional crafting workshop is allowed as long as
it provides the buyer with a tangible, physical item.
b. Photographic sessions where the customer can purchase
a photographic session for example family photos or
c. The application of nail art and henna art is permitted at
d. The provision of party management can be promoted at
ARTE if the products used at the parties are designed by
the team itself.
10. The sale of crafting supplies is allowed at ARTE, but
permission must be obtained first. These materials must not
be available in the UAE. The concern is not the brand, but the
11. The sale of food items must strictly comply with the ARTE
food regulation document, see elsewhere.
12. Members who do not comply with ARTE’s policies will not be
refunded any registration, or administration fees.
13. In case of a dispute, ARTE management may ask the Maker to
demonstrate their skills and / or to remove any suspicious
products from the display. In extreme circumstances they
may ask a vendor to leave the ARTE market immediately.
All applications must apply for their place at ARTE and find out
whether your product fits into our guidelines. Please submit photos
of your product to email@example.com and ideally a small
video clip of you at work. We will then be more than happy to
review your submission and we will get back to you within a few
days with an answer.
19th June 2015, Dubai by ARTE, the Makers Market